24 Jan 2015

Survivor - Chapter 5 - MY FIRST LOVE

MY FIRST LOVE


For reasons to do with emotional support, I decided to turn my attention to a young man during a crucial time of my life  -hence leaving me with a question: 'was this a prelude to spiritual death' (?), knowing full well that the surge of emotional needs was ever so strong within me, and the attraction between us was spontaneous. The nature of this relationship was of such as to awaken feelings call it infatuation; I don't know what else 

At that time I was twenty-one and he, five years older. ROGER WAS THE IDEAL MAN OF MY DREAMS. In terms of stature, he was five feet nine inches tall, carrying a good body weight of about sixteen stones, enough to earn himself the pet name " BULK- MAN". His eyes were big and bold; Clean shaved, well dressed and well presented. Not only was he academically qualified but skilled in terms of a trade. He was an electrician. For want of family background and status, he was opposite of me in the sense of hailing from a family of good values and sound educational standing  -he being the youngest of siblings living at home with his parents. 

Roger's attraction towards me, was rooted and grounded back there in childhood when as an Electrician, he was employed by my Dad to come and carry out electrical work whilst the building our house was in progress. Contact (in secret) from his beady bold eyes  had never failed to awaken my earliest responses to learn to value and respect his presence! So much so as years rolled over,a deep-seated, and binding attraction was the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment